On-Call Advocate Job Description
Mission: To assist victims of sexual assault and child abuse and to increase prevention through community education.
In order to accomplish our mission we must:
- Provide on-call staff/volunteers and support for primary and secondary clients at emergency rooms, the health department, health clinics, and law enforcement agencies
- Maintain a 24-hour crisis phone line to provide support, advocacy, information and referral
|Position Title:||On-Call Advocate|
|Term of Appointment:||One Year|
|Commitment:||Participate in initial 20 hour training session and ongoing training
Serve as On-Call Advocate as schedule permits
Requirements of Position
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must fill out the volunteer application.
- Must submit to a background check.
- Must provide The Healing Place with two personal references.
- Attend and complete training provided by The Healing Place.
- Be able to advocate, provide support and information to the client in crisis.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. Must sign a confidentiality statement.
Qualifications of Position
- Willingness to work within the guidelines, policies, and standards of The Healing Place.
- Good human relations skills and the willingness to be objective.
- Commitment of time, interest, and energy to fulfill expectations of The Healing Place.
- Willingness to receive guidance and direction.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Sensitivity to cultural/ethnic differences.
- Ability to formulate and maintain an independent position through the client’s crisis.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Establish rapport and create comfort level with the person in crisis.
- Support client in emergency room as needed.
- Support client on phone as needed.
- Provide advocacy for client as needed during crisis.
- Provide information and referral for client as needed during crisis.
- Report client contact to The Healing Place for follow-up.
- Maintain volunteer record of hours for The Healing Place.
- Attend volunteer meetings.
To Apply for this position, please complete the Application and email to address provided.